Hi!

TL;DR version at the bottom.

As we all know IPv4 is like trading gold these days. Back in 2013, we purchased
2 ranges (46.36.204.0/22, 46.36.208.0/21). At the time they did not seem to be
very dirty. There were very few listings in RBL's and all in all it seemed like
something that should not cause a lot of trouble.

We decided to purchase them while keeping in mind that they would not be put to
use for a couple of years from the time of purchase. In 2016 (2-3 years after
keeping them offline) we started actually using the IP addresses for a new data
center. Unfortunately, we quickly found that the /21 range was dirtier than
anticipated. We have been spending a lot of time trying to clean the
reputation, and we are getting close.

However, there is one problem left. Gmail refuses to play with us. DKIM, SPF
and all that jazz - nothing seems to help to deliver the mail to inboxes, they
always end up in the SPAM folders.  We have been in touch with G-Suite support
and been trying various ways of getting in touch with Google about this. No
matter how we try, we either end up not getting a response or getting told that
there is no block for the IP addresses and then a link to bulk sender
guidelines.

We do follow good practices. We have equal e-mail setup in our other data
centers that deliver to Gmail just perfectly. Also delivery to Yahoo, Microsoft
and any other provider we know of works just fine as well.

As a final test, to ensure that we did not do something wrong by mistake, we
tried routing another IP-net to the data center in question and giving one of
those IP's to a sending server. Instantly, e-mails started showing up in
inboxes rather than spam folders in Gmail/G-Apps.

This leads me to the conclusion that somewhere internally in Google, one or
both of the ranges are placed on some list that is not accessible/known of by
1st line support.

So the question is simply: Anyone who has advice on how to deal with this?
Writing off 3.000 IP addresses seems like a quite drastic move.

TL;DR version: Bought IP addresses years ago that seemed somewhat clean. Turned
up to be dirty and Google doesn't seem to want to clean them. What to do?

--
Frands Bjerring Hansen
Zitcom A/S - zitcom.dk