* Brotman, Alexander <alexander_brot...@comcast.com>:
> OPENPGPKEY and SMIME/A also use DNSSEC, if you're interested in those
> protections for your users.

Though either, OPENPGPKEY and SMIMEA, have seen wide adoption yet. And
allthough we wrote smilla <https://github.com/sys4/smilla> to help SMIMEA
become more popular and a standard as well, I doubt they ever will. There
isn't enough software out there that makes it easy to use these standards.

Its good OPENPGPKEY and SMIMEA are there, but they very likely won't be your
selling points.

DNSSEC itself is of low value. It's an infrastructure technology. The
interesting cases are what you can build on top of DNSSEC. It's probably as
exiting as backup. "Nobody wants it, but..."

DNSSEC is an investment into your business relationship. Your partners benefit
from it. It provides them a reliable resource to build other things upon. It
removes the need to believe and provides the certainty to know. This said, it
is one of the key stones for responsible dealings on the internet.

p@rick

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München