Dave,

we added an exception to our rules so we can get access to msg contents
as well. We can see that "Confirmation of your e-mail address" msgs also
come from hosts not covered by spf. Pretty confident that this should
not be a "non-compliant internal tool" ;-)

Envelope Sender: nore...@apple.com
Host: nwk-txn-msbadger0404.apple.com (17.151.1.65)

Cheers

tobi