Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question that I hope I'm just not being stupid about. We use a
particular type of Spam/Email Filtering appliance and we noticed after an
upgrade a huge uptick in emails getting tagged as suspect spam due to SPF
alignment failure.

In our case, the uptick is due to SPF Alignment failure of the Reply-To
address. To the best of my knowledge (which is just enough to generally get
emails to squirt through), SPF validates the envelope-from exclusively and in
fact using a different reply-to address domain is a good workaround for some
use cases of getting emails to pass SPF.

I've quickly read through (well, CTRL-F) for any instances of reply or reply-to
and didn't find any direct references in some of the RFCs pertaining to SPF.

I've already opened up a case with the vendor, but in preparation that they
might drag their feet due to an archaic reading of some RFC or a response of
this is "moar better" than our competition and I'd like some ammo to tackle
that.

Thanks for your time and any responses.