On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 12:55, Ken O'Driscoll via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> From recollection, Sophos used to use McAfee's engine in some of their
> products so maybe try  https://trustedsource.org/ but my info might be out
> of date.

Interesting! I checked the URL there and it says:
- Categorization: "- Internet Services"
- Reputation: Minimal Risk

Maybe it is not the same filter, or maybe the filter have been updated
in the mean time and the next email will simply work!

> Also, the recipient is empowered to whitelist you at any time, regardless
> of what Sophos product they are using.

The main issue is the number of "degrees of separation" between us and
the recipient :-)  (I have to write to my customer, that will have to
write to his customer and the third customer is the sender that can
talk to the recipient)

Furthermore, if I tell my customer "tell your customer recipient to
add a whitelist" he will reply with the following:
1) And what about the other recipients who are not aware of this? Will
they keep seeing the warning for our emails?
2) So if you ask the recipient to add a white list it means you (me)
are blacklisted

So, before I propose to use local whitelisting I'd like to understand
the global blacklisting causes :-)
(If there is some malicious activity going on we better find it,
instead of working around it)

Thank you, Ken!

Stefano