Hello,

We at contactlab are considering a change in the deactivation of hard bounces.
Currently, we suppress not existing mailboxes at the first hit.

We are aware of a small percentage of false positives.

Recent admissions criteria for Certified Senders states:
"The CSA sender must take email addresses from mailing lists, if, after sending
to this address,
the mailbox is identified as non-existent; at the latest, however, this must
occur after three hard
bounces".

We are evaluating to remove not existing mailboxes from the lists of our
clients after the second hit instead of the first one.

Do you have any considerations, suggestions about this?

Marco

Marco Franceschetti
Head of Deliverability | ContactLab
marco.francesche...@contactlab.com