From: mailop <mailop-boun...@mailop.org> On Behalf Of Grant Taylor via mailop
Sent: jeudi 11 avril 2019 04:33
To: mailop@mailop.org
Subject: Re: [mailop] Are there any de facto standards around no-reply@
addresses?

On 4/10/19 8:11 PM, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> I hold a very low opinion of any business entity that sends me
> automated email and either deliberately chooses to ignore my reply or
> forces me to jump through hoops in order to reply via a web form or such.

The use case that has me asking is in some ways more dastardly than that.

Think $BigCompany1 having a home grown ticketing system that uses email talking
to $BigCompany2 that also has a home grown ticketing system using email and the
complications that can ensue when one and / or the other don't implement sanity
checks like those outlined in RFC 3834.

Hence the question ~> discussion about one of the big companies ""enhancing
their home grown ticketing system to not send messages to noreply@ email
addresses, even if the notification that prompted something did come from
there.  (Assume that there are anywhere between
3 and 30 other email addresses on a ticket.)

I don't know the exact criteria that precipitated the loop (there's a chance
that someone on one end or the other added their own system as a CC to receive
copies).

> If it's important enough for them to trouble a customer or potential
> customer, it should be important enough for them to listen to what
> that customer or potential customer has to say about it.

Agreed.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die