On Tue, 23 Apr 2019, Jay Hennigan wrote:

On 4/22/19 6:19 PM, Dave Warren wrote:

I strongly disagree here, the freemail providers have a product (your eyeballs) to sell to their customers (the advertisers). Their customers aren't particularly interested in advertising on a service without users.

Yes and no. By not closing inactive accounts and letting the mail accumulate for years, freemail providers can report to advertisers that their message was appended to thousands of messages that will never be read and charge accordingly.

!Blink!
I thought internet advertising was charged by the click, not the view ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Cambridge, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk