Hi List

I wonder if others have also stumbled over the password "Mylove@1".

We use RoundCube as Webmail.

We have 'stupid' customers, who give away their email password by
answering to phishing emails or just simply are victims of trojans
stealing their credentials.

Subsequently those accounts get abused to send spam but our automatic
monitoring usually quickly detects them and disables SMTP Submission
resulting in a 5XX error indicating to the customer to change his
password.

We offer to change the password with a widely used
RoundCube 'Password' Plugin, which also unblocks SMTP.

And it looks like one spamer has specialized in automatizing this. He
spams until he is getting automatically blocked, then logs in to
Roundcube, re-sets the Password and restarts spaming usually taking
measures like only using one single IP and lowering the send-rate to
such an amount not to get detected by our system anymore.

I wonder if there are such highly sophisticated bots around, that do
this all automatically of if one spamer does love our email plattform
so much despite we still locking him out eventually by manually changing
the password of the affected account, so he cannot log in to RoundCube
anymore without knowing the set password. Our system also rate limits
down his sending speed, so I guess we would not be very lucrative for
him. But still we find one such an abused account about twice a month.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden