De : mailop [mailto:mailop-boun...@mailop.org] De la part de Benoit Panizzon
via mailop
Envoyé : vendredi 16 août 2019 09:48
À : mailop@mailop.org
Objet : [mailop] Hotmail: Moving Email to 'spam' folder generates ISP complaint?

Hi List

A couple of days ago we found out, that Mircosoft offers an Feedback Loop to
received complaints about spam incidents.

Perfect, one more source we can use to detect and block phished customers's
account or trojanized devices. So we enabled this.

That works good so far, but we also repeatedly get @hotmail.com customers
reporting very obviously non spam mails.

I was now in contact with two customers, both were puzzled about those spam
reports we received and confirmed, they did not report those emails as spam.

One customer is using Outlook for Android. Another one just plain Outlook, to
access his Hotmail account.

Both are moving read emails the don't want to keep to the 'spam' folder.

So I wonder, does the simple act of moving of an email to the hotmail spam
folder generate a spam complaint to the ISP? And possibly impact the sender IP
reputation?

No need to confirm 'yes this is spam I want it reported to the sender ISP' ?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden