From: mailop <mailop-boun...@mailop.org> On Behalf Of Blake Hudson via mailop
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 12:25 PM
To: mailop@mailop.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [mailop] Does sending HTML only email affect delivery?

Sending HTML only messages or messages where the HTML and the plain text parts
vary significantly is a SpamAssassin rule that will help push your message into
the junk folder. These rules are weakly weighted, and unlikely to land your
message in the spam folder by themselves, but should be taken as a sign that
legitimate email messages have both HTML and plain text and that they are often
similar (at least in the eyes of the SpamAssassin authors). AFAIK, SpamAssasin
is the mechanism for nearly all content based scanning tools.

--Blake