From: "Jay Hennigan via mailop" <mailop@mailop.org>
To: mailop@mailop.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:58:31 PM
Subject: Re: [mailop] Junk filtering as a tool for unfair competition

On 10/23/19 03:57, Daniele via mailop wrote:

> Not to mention that with JMRP I'm getting 100% of legitmate emails that
> users tagged as spam for whatever reason, so the tool is pretty useless
> (just my 2 cents).

Actually, that shows that the tool is indeed quite useful. It tells you
that the mail was delivered and the user marked it as spam. That is good
useful information indeed.

Either the user doesn't want your mail, or the user doesn't know the
difference between "delete" and "spam". In either case, the action can
be directly linked to the user.

It does seem that the user behavior of incorrectly marking mail as spam
has been going on far too long. Large webmail providers, PLEASE update
your UI to label that choice "Report as spam", not simply "Junk".

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880