There are also several legislative hurdles you’ll need to evaluate the list
against. Two that come to mind are:

Canada’s Anti-Spam Law has a two year expiry on implied consent. If you have
addresses older than that in Canada you would likely be in violation of the
law.

GDPR also has some rules around understanding why a business is processing your
data, why they have your data, how they use it, etc... all of this beyond
consent. It’s rather complex for older data.

if you don’t have the right consent and proof to back it up, track the source,
and user location just cleaning the list won’t matter.
~
Matt