Yes it’s a thing, Verizon (Yahoo web and Mobile) is supporting it now. Google
has announced a pilot in 2020. VMC is not currently required at VZM, and the
overall requirements are still being defined by the working group.

Stay tuned for more info on the bimigroup.org website, we are planning to add
more info very soon.

~
Matt