On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 01:07:30PM -0500, Bill Cole via mailop wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2020, at 12:09, John Covici via mailop wrote:
[..]
> [...]
[..]

>> Yep, looks good.  But does that help if its the far end that is the
>> problem?

> Not if that message is your Sendmail/OpenSSL complaining about the far
> end offering too small a key, but I'm not 100% certain that this is what
> that log line indicates. The lack of a "relay=" element identifying the
> far end host suggests that this is an entirely local problem.

As soon an error happens, no relay= entry appears at all. I think that
relay= part exists only if the TLS connection has been established.
In my log file I have many such lines. Possibly there is a following line
with further information on this, like this here:

Jan 24 21:59:01 tuvok sendmail[8303]: STARTTLS=client, error: connect
failed=-1, reason=sslv3 alert illegal parameter, SSL_error=1, errno=0, retry=-1
Jan 24 21:59:01 tuvok sendmail[8303]: ruleset=tls_server, arg1=SOFTWARE,
relay=mx.mv.ru, reject=403 4.7.0 TLS handshake failed.

Alas, I didn't have a "dh key to small" in my logs to proof it.

Johann