Hi Alexander,

On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 05:25:38PM +0200, Alexander Zeh via mailop wrote:
> > It would also be great if SendGrid would include an abuse reporting
> > URL in the headers of each message, specific to that message, i.e.
> > that passes along all info that SendGrid would need to identify that
> > campaign/client.
>
> I’m not so sure about that, having in mind that the list-unsubscribe header
> already causes some headache on my end as some filters are checking and
> therefore „clicking“ all the URLs they find in body and header.

At a minimum wouldn't such software already follow all links and
confirm deliverability on behalf of the recipient every time they
got marketing email? That seems like a bad idea to begin with, and
also a bad idea from the web server side.

All web contact forms already need some sort of "I am not a bot"
detection because of software like that; you couldn't have some sort
of "this is spam" web service that took a report solely based on a
GET request, and sensible unsubscribe mechanisms don't work that way
either.

Cheers,
Andy