Jay, the next step here would be for you to fill out a remediation
(unblock) request with Microsoft OLC (Hotmail).

The form to do that can be found here;
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866

Sometimes it takes them a few days to respond.
First response will be automatic and just basically say it's in queue.
Second response might be useful or it might be like somebody just spun
a wheel of responses and it landed on a random one that makes no
sense. If so, respond and state your case. Repeat as necessary.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Al Iverson

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 12:16 PM Jay R. Ashworth via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> A week or so ago, I discovered after 7 years that my mail server
> (running Zimbra 8) was an open relay.  :-}
>
> I tightened it up after about 4 hours, and checked a couple RBL checkers,
> (MXtoolbox and anti-abuse) and there were only 3 hits for the IP, and I
> requested clearance on them, and got it, and both now show all green...
>
> but when I tried to send someone at hotmail an email today, I got the below
> bounce, which includes an error code, and a link to a page of error codes
> *which does not include that code or anything like it*.
>
> Is there someone on here from outlook.com or the protection subdomain,
> who can
>
>   a) tell me how I *would* clean that up -- the linked page of error codes
>      mentions Spamhaus, but they seem ok with me too, and
>
>   b) clean up either the SMTP error message you're sending out or the table
>      you tell people to look it up in?  :-)
>
> Cheers,
> -- jr <postmaster/> a

Al Iverson // Wombatmail // Chicago