On 2020-07-09 at 12:46 -0700, Job Cacka wrote:
> If you work with one of these relays and can shed light on the delay I
> would love to know how to get it fixed.

You have no logs, and provide little to no detail. You tried to contact
with those organizations, but you were fruitless. It's almost impossible
to figure out what happens to people on this mailing list.

I would suggest a couple of strategies:

First, you disclose the actual domain and provide a couple of test
mailboxes, so that people here that may be willing to have a look to
*your* problem can at least check if from their side the dns is ok, if
your primary MX is broken, if their clients provide the same abnormal
behavior when mailing those mails, etc.

Second option. You involve your customer on this investigation.

- The email issue caused a damage to your customer.
- Your customer is not using "gmail", but a business version of it.
- From your point of view, it is gmail's fault, since it didn't deliver
the email to you until 19 hours later (although we can guess that the
real problem will be somewhere in your setup, since it's not just gmail
failing to properly deliver on time).
- Thus you get your customer to open a ticket with gmail on why they
took 19 hours to deliver their email. This is the same question you
wanted gmail to answer you, but asked by a paying gmail customer that
suffered its consequences.
I expect that Google will be able to provide ample justification on
*why* their systems were unable to deliver it earlier (e.g. they tried
to connect from a dozen ip address, but were unable since -after you
investigate- your firewall was any dropping packets from most of their
outgoing servers).

Once you get the actual view of the delay from their side, you should be
able to progress towards fixing it.

Best regards