On 2020-07-10 at 14:36 -0700, Job Cacka wrote:
> There is PAT firewall that load balances multiple networks.
> A Barracuda spam filter
> And then the MX server.
>

> It was working well until about 6-8 weeks ago when we began to notice
> the intermittent issue.
>

> Thanks,
> Job

I would have a look at that firewall. Is is possible that it may be
trying to load balance with a missing host?

I see that 50% of the connection attempts, the SYN receives RST,ACK
while the other 50% the expected SYN,ACK.¹

For the record, the TTL of the SYN,ACK is two units bigger than the one
of the RST,ACK ones.

Best regards

¹ not the *same* ones, but of a block of 16, as produced by
tcptraceroute, I'm seeing a consistent split of 8/8