On 19 Jul 2020, at 22:38, Chris via mailop wrote:

It is particularly bizarre that it infests one ISP like this. I'm wondering if someone managed to force the infection to do IP reallocations frequently to IP-hop. Cutwail normally has thousands of infected IPs per campaign spread across ISPs.

I have noticed something Cutwail-like (fast-talking starting with bogus HELO name (e.g. ymlf-pc) ) clustering in single-ISP ranges, as if it spread via probing nearby IPs with whatever its infection vector is. No 2020 cases of that which I've noticed, but there's been a general decline in the phylum of fast-talkers from my vantage points this year.

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)