On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 10:03:48 +0300
Lena--- via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> > I have searched a few emails, but fail to see why they would be a
> > target. Maybe only a few of them are the real targets, with other
> > addresses being added in order to conceal those?
>
> I suspect that the bot is spamming random web-forms
> like various bots try to spam my guestbook with ads with links.
> If a bot sees an "email" field then it fills it with a random email
> address.

I'm seeing the same phenomenon.

The email addresses don't seem to be entirely random though, they look
to me as if they come from a somewhat dated list of real email addresses
of real people (some of those email address by now being invalid).

For this reason I suspect that this may be done by someone whose
“business” is email spamming.

Maybe the idea behind that bot is that filling in the "email" field
with a real-looking email address might lead to being granted read
access to mailing list archives which could then be scraped for email
addresses to increase the target list for the spammer's main spam runs?

Greetings,
Norbert