Does anyone have any knowledge of how Gmail decides when to send an auto-reply?

I’m trying to test for a customer who has been missing auto replies. From what
I can see so far, when I have an auto-reply set up, Gmail only seems to respond
to some of the messages that arrive at the account. I’ve ruled out situations
where the sender has already received an auto-reply that day. None of the
senders that either work or don’t work are in the contacts.

It also looks as though Gmail sends these auto-replies to the return path
address instead of either the From or Reply-To, which doesn’t seem to me like
the right thing to do….

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks
Kieran

KIERAN COOPER
Manager, Technical Account Managers  EMEA team

mobile +44 (0)7976 703641 <tel:%2B44%20%280%297976%20703641>
email kieran.coo...@sparkpost.com <mailto:kieran.coo...@sparkpost.com>