Heyho,

On 21.10.20 11:38, Laura Atkins via mailop wrote:
> Microsoft has always silently dropped mail on the floor when it judges
> that to be the right thing to do. It’s an issue and I personally believe
> it’s bad practice. But I’m pretty sure that Microsoft have their reasons

I've mentioned it before, but that practice is illegal in Germany. Sadly
nobody seems to care enough.

In layman's terms the law says that every mail (e or not) you accept has
to be delivered to the recipient. The proper way is to check the email
during delivery and either accept (and then deliver it to the final
recipient) or reject it (so that responsibility stays with the sender).

But then again, you probably accept it somewhere in an EULA.

Regards,
Thomas Walter

--
Thomas Walter