On Fri, 30 Oct 2020, 17:58 Brandon Long, <bl...@google.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 8:08 AM Chris Woods via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Tangentially, while not a bounce-after-accept, one user has been seeing
>> this 5.7.1 NDR when emailing a contact's GSuite account. It does seem
>> similar to an organisational bounce or incorrectly configured forward,
>> frankly I'm not sure what to make of it. Typically you can't reach a
>> Workspace support agent unless you're the admin user.
>>
>> <u...@host.domain.tld>: host aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.133.27] said:
>>     550-5.7.1 Please be advised that your email account is not configured
>>     send to 550 5.7.1 this email address, therefore your message has not
>> been
>>     sent - gcdp a184si2242425wmh.22 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
>> command)
>>

> The gcdp means it's a custom error message set by the admin
>
> GSuite does have the concept of a "walled garden" type of rules, usually
> used with schools, such that student email accounts can't receive or send
> mail outside of the school, but admin/teachers can.
> https://support.google.com/a/answer/2640542
>
> Brandon

Thanks for the confirmation! :-) I suspected it might be something like
their account configured as internal mails only, this contact is an FMCG
category buyer so I'm not very surprised.

Does GSuite have a facility where an account will bounce emails from an
external address until the user sends them an outbound email, or adds a
contact to their address book?

Cheers
Chris