I host 200+ servers at Linode, most of them are email/web server combinations
hosted in European data centres.

Interestingly, I have the exact opposite experience, google accepts all mail
without a problem. But I receive lots of spam from them. See attached
screenshot as an example.

My problems are mainly with microsoft hosted emails (hotmail/outlook/etc),
emails are silently deleted and not bounced, those few that are bounced contain
a URL that we have to visit and request a delist via a web form and even then,
emails that do pass go to junk all the time. The only solution, is to ask the
other person to send an email first, so we can reply.

I've setup the usual SPF/DKIM/DMARC/rDNS/etc. I only host a single domain per
server with lots of sub domains, but only the main domain is allowed to be used
for email. Emails transmission is limited with postfix, per recipient domain.

Maybe google does some geolocation to feed the Machine?