On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 03:52:49AM -0700, Luke via mailop wrote:
> Starting very precisely on January 6th, we started to see a number of
> previously reliable domains turn up with secondary MX records that look
> like these:
>
> cluster1a.us.messagelabs.com
> cluster1a.eu.messagelabs.com
> cluster1a.uk.messagelabs.com
>
> The domains with these secondary records have primary mx records that look
> like these:
>
> cluster1.us.messagelabs.com
> cluster1.eu.messagelabs.com
> cluster1.uk.messagelabs.com
>
> Starting on January 6th, successful deliveries to these domains declined
> about 50%, but did not drop to zero. Engagement at these domains has
> remained steady. However we are now seeing *tons *of *421 Service
> Temporarily Unavailable *responses from the secondary MX records while
> still seeing successful deliveries to the primary MX record.
>
> Curious to hear if anyone else is seeing something similar or if anyone
> can help me understand what might be going on with these cluster1a* MX
> records.
>
> Here are a few example domains:
>
> funaisoken.co.jp
> cimb.com
> stockland.com.au
> travelex.com
>
> Would love to hear any thoughts or insights.
>
> Cheers,
> Luke

Can't really help other than to say we don't see anything like that.

Looked at logs for yesterday - precisely zero 421 Service Temporarily
Unavailable responses from cluster1a? (both).
Some for other clusters, e.g. cluster10a

If stats helps, we delivered over 15,000 messages to cluster1.(us|eu|uk) - but
zero to cluster1a - didn't need to drop to lower prio mx

PG