On 16/02/2021 04:13, Jim Popovitch via mailop wrote:

On Mon, 2021-02-15 at 18:53 +0100, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote: Dnia 15.02.2021 o godz. 15:43:56 Matthew Stith via mailop pisze: Wanted to get this out to you all for awareness for anyone who is using
the Spamhaus public mirrors to query our DNSBLs. Beginning in March
Spamhaus will start enforcing the follow error return codes for these
news codes announced in 2019:

127.255.255.252 - Typing error in DNSBL Name
127.255.255.254 - Query via public/open resolver/generic unattributable rDNS
127.255.255.255 - Excessive Number of Queries

The main thing to take away from this announcement is that these codes
are meant to be treated as errors and not an indicator of negative
reputation. The plugins that we have developed for Spamassassin and
Rspamd already properly parse out these errors. You can read more about
the change here:
Are these "error" codes covered by any RFC?
If not, I suppose that Wietse will refuse to implement them in Postfix :)

Anyone can implement it in postfix.  Just use:

postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
    zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[0..255]*3

If you are using a version so old that it doesn't support postscreen,
then Wietse isn't your friend.

- -Jim P.

breaking news: even those using latest versions postfix dont always see postscreen as a good fit in their network, so even using the latest...

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[2..255]

Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate this message without the authors express written authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.