On 2021-02-28 11:16:08 (+0800), John Levine via mailop wrote:
In article <e8e5b6c6-724b-438f-9be6-dd09760eb...@trouble.is> you write:
Makes things like quick DNS queries, 'View Headers' and many other
simple to use things a quagmire.. Data overload.. If you need that
much data, there MUST be another way to do it (link to the data?)

edns0 not just for DNSSEC anymore? :)

When I look at the logs on my DNS server, I see that everyone allows at least 1400 bytes
and a lot allow 4096.

Likewise. I'm happy to see fewer and fewer firewalls under the mistaken belief that DNS packets are invariably tiny.

Can you explain what actual problem a few hundred bytes of TXT records at the zone apex causes? I would much rather get one big SPF record that has all of a domain's info than faff around
putting together a bunch of little includes.

There is no "actual" problem. It only makes eyegrep a little bit more difficult when there are more than a couple of TXT records scrolling by. I'm just a cranky old man set in my ways. :)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer