Emails have gone to each of the mirror operators we have on record. This is just a public notice for any that we may miss, but also to serve as a warning that if you have hardcoded an IP to use your favorite mirror that will stop working.

During a recent program and service level review, deficiencies were noted in the operations of the SpamCop Blocking List. As a result, the Talos Team has determined we should move away from the current model of using third party volunteer block list mirrors in favor of a fully managed in-house solution.

This means that all third-party volunteer SpamCop block list mirror servers will be removed from our DNS rotation on Monday, April 19, 2021. This does not mean the server will stop working, just that it will no longer be announced as a public mirror or accessed by the public. It will continue to work as a fully functioning private mirror of the SpamCop Blocking List.

At some future date we may change the protocol used to download the full list. We recognize the contribution of our mirror volunteers and plan to continue providing access at no charge. If you would like to continue your access to the full SpamCop Blocking List to run a private mirror, please let us know at service@admin[.]spamcop[.]net prior to April 12 so we can notify you of any changes.

Thanks, Richard