Hey guys,

I have to take the walk of shame and report a spam outbreak on my
systems because of a phished user account and a loophole in the rate
limiting we do.

As soon as we got notifed, we stopped and cleaned the queues, blocked
the user, investigated the cause and fixed the rate limiting before
restarting.

Of course this put us on multiple blacklists and cleaning those up is
the proper punishment I guess.

Now two of our outgoing systems are still rated as poor on Talos.

If we use them to send emails, those will get rejected by a lot of
recipients (public sector).

But if we don't use them to send emails, their reputation at Talos will
not improve since support tells us "reputation improves as the ratio of
legitimate mails increases with respect to the number of complaints".

Do you guys have any hints on what is the proper way out of this circle?

Regards
Thomas Walter

--
Thomas Walter