On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 5:11 AM Al Iverson via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 6:33 AM Lena--- via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > My guess is that the solution is to have your mailing list software
> > > (groups.io) use the mailing list address in the 5322.From
> > > (like how this list works)
> >
> > No, I'll tell list members to ditch mail.ru
> > and use Gmail or @yandex.ru instead (with more reasonable policies).
> >
> > Unless the mail.ru admin on this list understands the problem
> > and doesn't try to tell every mailing list admin in the world
> > to conform to his whims.
>
> When somebody else says, "my server, my rules" sometimes means you
> have to conform to the whims of others.
> It sounds like an easy solution to me, but you are choosing to turn it
> into a fight.
> Your choice, of course.
> But it isn't the hill I would choose to die on.
>
> I wish all email delivery issues had such an easy solution to just
> change the header based on the recipient domain.

I don't know if groups.io has a simple setting a list owner can change to
make it work this way, I know that googlegroups.com doesn't.
The folks at groups.io are pretty receptive, and I think on this list, so
they may make a one-off change to make it work.

Of course, "my server, my rules", they can do whatever they want... but
there is a standard way to make this work right there.  If they
updated their dmarc setting, then all mailing list services which
understand dmarc would automatically handle their desired behavior.
The problem is then you're asking everyone to also implement authentication
checking on the domain... and they probably aren't ready
for that.  Unfortunate.

Brandon