Good idea.  RBLs are brilliant but when Vixie invented the idea and the Apache SpamAssassin team implemented it some 2 decades ago, I wrote something to the effect of what a (brilliant) hack. We need to replace this with something in a year.

Now, many many years later and several DDOSes against RBL operators like STORM network, the use of DNS for RBLs remains :-)

Regards,
KAM