On 05/11/2021 16.18, Marcel Becker via mailop wrote:

Now it's quite possible that other contact sources you have
configured on our Mac are in fact doing what you are describing. (ie
If you have Google Contacts configured and Google might be doing
interesting things). Also note that Apple Contacts will "merge" cards
from multiple sources if it thinks they are the same. But that is
purely "virtuel" and you can "unlink" them. That too should not have
any impact on anything else.

There may indeed be other variables and devices at play here — eg. I have
a suspicion that Siri, Google Assistant or Android devices do this kind of
things to be "helpful". We are a Linux/MacOS/Windows house, with also the
option for some BYOD, so there is room for all kinds of interactions here.

However, whatever the cause, the end result (which we repeatedly have seen
in action) is same: in the user's Mac Mail email directory, the "canonical"
email address for an user suddenly gets bumped by another address.
This plays havoc with calendar functions, as I noted.

But now we really completely left the topic of "mailop"
True, but these days calendars and contacts have unfortunately
become a part of the "email user experience", like it we or not.

--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <o...@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */