On 23/11/2021 05:09, Joel M Snyder via mailop wrote:

Speak for yourself, friend. You want me to build 400+ small DNS resolvers and manage them world-wide? Forget the cost of the hardware; now I have to deal with the software, updates, security, long-term management? And this in an organization that is desperately trying to go "server-less" in the offices to cut costs and overhead?

What drugs are you on, the OS keeps the software up to date, if they are recursive servers they are pretty much set and forget.

and what is so hard and time consuming? you sit there and configure those alleged 400 devices in the first place.

ohh and when you say edge router, I hope you mean edge as in type, not as in brand/model, else you will have far bigger problems using soho junk like that in commercial networks. (unless your alleged 400 sites are 5 people offices, where it might last a tiny bit longer)

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate this message without the authors express written authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.