An IETF friend of mine is trying to set up a personal domain at hosting company
Pair.

When he sends mail to a verizon.net recipient, which is hosted at AOLYahoo, it
rejects
it after data with

  554 Message not allowed - [PH01] Email not accepted for policy
  reasons.  Please visit https://postmaster.yahooinc.com/error-codes (in
  reply to end of DATA command)

These are low volume personal messages.  His domain housley.us was registered
two
years ago but I don't think has been used for mail before.  I looked at Pair's
outgoing
mail to my system which looks quite clean, and he says other people can send
from Pair
to Yahoo, so my guess is that it doesn't like getting mail from new domains,
even at
low volume.

Any suggestions?  Pair's support has no ideas.

R's,
John