> Yes they do communicate but they are now sugesting to spam everybody once
> more with some explanation. ...

And here is that follow-up spam (below), note that the novatormail.ru is the
domain from which our client originally received the email, obviously the
domain will change depending on from where the first spam originated.  It's
interesting to note they have started using .ru and such domains, the two that
I personally received were from yosemitemail.com and potomacmail.com.  When I
first received those if you went to the sending domain there was almost nothing
there (it certainly didn't point to any useful information about the sender).
*Now* these domains, including novatormail.ru, point to
https://privacystudy.cs.princeton.edu/, which has been substantially updated.

Here's the follow-up spam:

Hello,

You may have recently received an email from novatormail.ru regarding your
process for responding to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) data requests for the following
domain(s): cybergreen.net. Please disregard that email.

The email was sent as part of an academic research study on GDPR and CCPA,
which we have concluded. We will delete all responses received on December 31,
2021. We sincerely apologize for any burdens caused by our study.

If you would like more information about the study or to contact our research
team, please see: https://privacystudy.cs.princeton.edu.

Sincerely,

Princeton-Radboud Study on Privacy Law Implementation

---

Anne

---
Anne P. Mitchell,
Attorney at Law
CEO Get to the Inbox by SuretyMail,
Your outsourced email deliverability team

Author: Section 6 of the Federal Email Marketing Anti-Spam Law (CAN-SPAM)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cyber Security, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Former Counsel: MAPS Anti-Spam Blacklist