On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 2:37 AM Slavko via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dňa Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:32:57 -0800 Brandon Long via mailop
> <mailop@mailop.org> napísal:
>
> > For anyone who cares about their dmarc reports, I'd highly recommend
> > using a third party service for analyzing them, they will be better
> > set up to handle the load.
>
> please, is this suggestion meant universally, or it is mainly targeted
> for google's (or similar rate limited) users/mailboxes?
>
> I have no problem to receive DMARC reports on my low traffic mail
> server...

Perhaps there are open source tools, or one's you've written, that get the
most out of those
reports, or maybe your server is small enough.  Of course, you can handle
the traffic yourself, even
the largest company's dmarc report traffic isn't going to be that hard to
receive and process.

The data stream and load is different, however, so a different tool for the
job is not unreasonable.
The information in the reports can also be joined with other data and
expertise.  If your goal
is moving from p=none to p=quarantine/reject, some tool, whether open
source, in house,
shrink wrapped, or cloud, is going to be necessary.

It's the same in-house vs vendor decision that people make all the time.

Brandon