On 2022-01-30 at 14:09 +0200, Edgaras | SENDER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We noticed in Google Postmaster Tools a lot of bad reputation IPs
> which do not belong to us, and are actually forbidden from sending
> emails on our  behalf via SPF -all, yet Gmail thinks the messages
> from these IPs were fully authenticated.
>
> After investigating some reports, it looks like a DKIM replay attack,
> where Gmail does not validate the original DKIM signature (which
> includes Message-ID:Reply-To:To: fields), and even ignores SPF
> permerror, if the message contains ARC headers.
>
> Full headers below, any insights or suggestions would be appreciated:

Hello Edgar(as)?

I have been looking at your email, but I am confused at how it was
produced, and so which are the weird bits.

It purports to be a mail from bounces-test770...@sendersrv.com to
ysoul8...@gmail.com, which then was "forwarded" (!) by 212.83.129.110
to incident-repor...@gmail.com with a MAIL FROM:<
921108683ccq405...@universidadebrasil.edu.br> and a EHLO of
lingojam.com

It makes sense that DKIM could be skipped if there is ARC, but then ARC
should be checked!

Some interesting bits:
- Two Date: headers
- Two different Subject: headers
- Original Return-Path: <bounces-test770...@sendersrv.com> appears twice

- A couple of headers have two consecutive dots where there should be
one: "212.83.129..110", "mx.google..com",

> Received-SPF: permerror (google.com: permanent error in processing
> during lookup of 921108683ccq405...@universidadebrasil.edu.br:
> host.universidadebrasil.email not found) client-ip=212.83.129..110;

Note: the first Subject header wasn't encoding those utf-8 characters?

Best regards

PS: yes universidadebrasil.edu.br has a bad SPF record:
"v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com
include:universidadebrasil.edu.br ip4:192.99.207.72
include:host.universidadebrasil.email ip4:45.33.9.144
include:mailgrid.com.br -all" but no txt on
host.universidadebrasil.email