On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 12:07 PM Edgaras | SENDER <edga...@sender.net> wrote:

> > I think you are misunderstanding what the dkim reputation means, that it
> is some sort of value judgement for the company or people who own the
> domain.
> No, I understand that it's just one of the signals you use, but it is a
> very significant one. It wouldn't be a problem if it did not have a large
> impact on message delivery.
>
> > If 90% of the messages we see with that DKIM domain are spam, then the
> reputation should trend to 10%.
> Correct. Problem here is disregarding a ton of basic checks, allowing
> attackers to fairly easily deploy such amounts of spam, that even a domain
> with large amounts of legitimate mail will get it's reputation wrecked.

We seem to not be understanding each other.

The reputations are:

for feature in message.features:
  reputation.Vote(feature, message.is_spam)

Not:

for feature in message.features:
  if not message.is_really_really_really_spammy:
    reputation.Vote(feature, message.is_spam)

And yes, as signals become murkier, it's harder to know what is spam and
what is not, our false positive/false negative rates will go up, and we
work to improve them.

Brandon