On 4/28/22 05:40, Matt Corallo via mailop wrote:
AFAIK, the *only* shop that enforces the rube-goldberg machine that is MTA-STS that doesn't also enforce TLSA/DANE is Google.

I'm really wondering why people have so strong objections against MTA-STS. Actually it's pretty easy to setup and it's the only standard allowing you to specify a mandatory-TLS receiving policy (in opposite to opportunistic).

And security standards does not have to be XOR-used. Why not doing the one thing *and* the other?

And skipping it avoids the pain of setting up a number of steps and,
for some reason, introducing an HTTP server into your mail-receiving
stack?!
Is that simple HTTP server serving a tiny static file is really such a big deal? Personally I don't see why.

Just my 2 cent.

Ciao, Michael.