It appears that Luis E. Muñoz via mailop <mailop@lem.click> said:
>On 17 May 2022, at 21:59, Dave Crocker via mailop wrote:
>
>> I keep enjoying that it has the style of satire, but is so well done is it
>> /extremely/ useful for legitimate use.
>
>I wonder if this one
>
>( ) Public reluctance to accept weird new forms of money
>
>should be complemented with a crypto version, to avoid triggering those that
>hate cryptos being compared with money?

When Satoshi sent the first message about Bitcoin to the metzdowd crypto list
in 2009, someone asked
what it was good for, and he replied you could use it for e-postage.

I replied no, you can't, and concluded that Bitcoin was useless.

John Gilmore presciently said:

 The last thing we need is to deploy a system designed to burn all
 available cycles, consuming electricity and generating carbon dioxide,
 all over the Internet, in order to produce small amounts of bitbux to
 get emails or spams through.

R's,
John