I suspect this is a virus that is pulling subject lines and email addresses from the infected computer and sending the spam to those. I've heard of quite a few receiving 'spamcop' related ones.

I've been receiving a number from other various abuse and role addresses with different subjects for a few week. Usually has a attachment, I suspect trying to spread itself.

And the report numbers in the links are so old I can't even look up when they were sent or to who. We only hang on for 90 days.

Richard

On 2022-06-13 9:10 a.m., Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
Real strange, fake abuse addresses..

ab...@singlehop.com
abuset...@veeble.org

Spamcop links are to 404..

Just not sure how the content can be malicous, maybe it is just a broken system over the weekend?

Reporting one of our addresses as the authenticated address, but shows it coming from a CloudFlare IP.. And looks to have forged information.

Any one else notice it over the weekend?