Just as a catchall to get any bounces coming in?  Mailchimp is where their
abuse and other mailboxes are located.

--srs

From: mailop <mailop-boun...@mailop.org> on behalf of Michael Peddemors via
mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Date: Thursday, 30 June 2022 at 2:05 PM
To: mailop@mailop.org <mailop@mailop.org>
Subject: [mailop] Interesting question from a team member, MX chaining,
list-manage.com
I know this doesn't look professional, but the question from the team
member does this contravene any rules or best practices.

list-manage.com

This domain does not have any A records.
It has a single MX record pointed at:

   mail.admin.mailchimp.com

That hostname exists, but it doesn't have an A RECORD.

It in turn has just a single MX Record.

   inbound-mx1.mailchimpapp.net

Kind of a strange MX delegation.. I assume to avoid CNAME's

But it does seem very strange.  Comments anyone? I didn't have an answer
for him..

        -- Michael --

Have a great long weekend all.. Was going to write a matching long
'state' of the union (activity) but it is too sunny out.. short form is..

* Sendgrid Really bad this week again
* Mailgun having similar situation?
* More PREFIX BROKERS MNT IP space coming out, same bad guys as usual,
Serverion et al.  Some complimentary activity from Russion hosters.
* OVH Still handing out IP ranges to show shoe spammers
* Short Bot Traffic run beginning of week, but quieted quickly
* Gmail, Gmail Gmail..
* Increase in random compromises on VPS providers, OVH, DreamHost,
StratoServer
* Increase in Japanese based spammers..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."