> On Jul 23, 2022, at 01:14, Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
>
> 23. Juli 2022 00:54, "Atro Tossavainen via mailop" <mailop@mailop.org>
> schrieb:
>
>> Er, I think you mean
>>
>> https://msbl.org/ebl.html
>
> Yeah, basically that, except that i'm thinking of a somewhat wider scope by
> also covering compromised mailboxes, which gets closer to the PII danger zone
> as those woould belong to individuals more likely than the typical spammer
> addresses which are probably controlled by spammer teams or at least have not
> the slightest relation to the particular spammer using them.
>
> But the presence of the EBL shows that other people think that hashed e-mail
> addresses are reasonably safe to handle, even though they (like most BL
> operators) prefer to stay somewhat anonymous. That's at least a partial
> answer to my concerns.

I have several catch-all domains that have been dictionary spammed with no use,
ever, of all the addresses but like, one.

On the same note, dayjob has several addresses, like the codesign@ and pgpkey@
addresses which are tied to things, and go to a mailbox, but that nobody will
EVER subscribe to a list.  I also see a fair volume of trafic to various
noreplys at, that I am pretty sure are NOT non-delivery notifications.

I would love a way to give those addresses (in a hashed form) to ESPs saying
"Look, if somsone is sending to those, it's a bogus list and does not pass
muster, and you should reject the customer".

I'd love a way to put those addresses in the DNS as a similar flag.  "Do not
allow this address to be added to any mailing lists, promotional marketing, or
@##$*&#ing google groups, period.  Attempts to do so are suspect".

-Dan