Hi MailOps

We were having a discussion on the possibility to disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for
MTA to MTA communication, and based on the numbers we've seen so far, it
doesn't look that far fetched.

What's the common consensus in the mail community about this currently?

It's already been disabled for our customers towards fx. imap and smtp, and we
all agree those pesky old versions should be phased out, sooner rather than
later, but have you also disabled it for MTA to MTA communication as well or
are you still considering it? And what scenarios are currently holding you back?

And what about PLAIN - do you still allow that as the fallback option or are
you also considering disabling that?

I'm looking forward to read your replies :-)

Kind Regards,
Sidsel Jensen

Architect of Deliverability and Abuse @ Open-Xchange