It appears that Bastian Blank via mailop <bbl...@thinkmo.de> said:
>MTA-STS is supposed to fix that, by providing a secure way to translate
>from domain to MX via a medium break.
>
>So is DANE, which requires DNSSEC on the whole thing and translates from
>domain -> MX -> key via DNSSEC validated DNS.

I do both on my MTA and I can confirm that they work, since I found that
when I screwed up the certificates, mail from places that check them, notably
Comcast, stopped arriving.

While I encourage people to try MTA-STS and DANE, they don't have
anything to do with the TLS 1.0 question, since I'm still not seeing a
plausible attack (and I emphasize plausible) that TLS 1.0 enables.

R's,
John