Hi,

Dňa Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:33:47 +0200 Carsten Schiefner via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> napísal:

> would you mind reporting back then and to share that particular exim
> config snippet that does the trick?

No problem ;-)

It is really simple. The exim's specs (4.94.2) says:

  For dual-stack (eg. RSA and ECDSA) configurations, these options can
  be colon-separated lists of file paths. Ciphers using given
  authentication algorithms require the presence of a suitable
  certificate to supply the public-key. The server selects among the
  certificates to present to the client depending on the selected
  cipher, hence the priority ordering for ciphers will affect which
  certificate is used.

I understand specs, that the first suitable cert/key pair will be used,
if client supports both, thus order depends on your preference.

All what is needed is (to prefer EC pair):

  tls_certificate = /pathto/eccert : /pathto/rsacert
  tls_privatekey =  /pathto/eckey : /pathto/rsakey

Only make sure, that the order of RSA/EC files is the same in both
options, as in example.

I use more complicated lookup based on SNI name, but it basically
returns strings as above. I setup it on my MSA yet, and it seems to
work, at least my tests was success, internal mail flows and password
attacks doesn't stop ;-)

BTW, please know someone what the attackers try to achieve with empty
login name? Is it some known bug in some setups, or only mistake in
their script?

regards

--
Slavko