It was purely observational, I thought others had already noticed it. It consumed a lot of support time on our side. Maybe I'll try to pull the data to get a better idea of how it looked by the numbers.

On 2022-08-27 22:28, Darrell Budic via mailop wrote:
Was there any published notification about this? Not that there’s a
good place for it, but between mailop and nanog, I’d have thought I’d
have seen it…

At any rate, this error message seems like it would be better as
“Gmail now requires senders to have SPF and/or DKIM enabled to send
mail to Gmail” instead of saying it failed checks. Less misleading
that way, and I’m not saying to my customer “I don’t know why it says
that, you don’t seem to have SPF setup…”

I mean, yay for more correct SPF, but boo for bad error messages.