By the way, thanks for all the nice comments off list how valuable these brief updates are, and changes to what we are seeing in the wild..

This one is a little more brief, but if anyone needs more details on a specific type of attack we are seeing, hit me up offlist..

Tales from the Trenches..

It's been both interesting, as well as boring in the sense that we see a lot of the same old, same old this week.

* Gmail originated obvious spammer levels still far too high.
* Zoho Campaigns relaying through new cloud systems
  eg.. ip125.234.189.103.in-addr.arpa.unknwn.cloudhost.asia
* Large OVH Outbreak across several network segments
* Contabo Spammer/Phisher activity very high, wide spread
* IXPO and Serverion actors still up to bad stuff and not just spam
* Beginning of the week snowshow spammer surge again..
  Same actors, across the same suspect hosting companies, they get
  blocked real fast, poisoning networks
* Amazon, Google, Azure cloud threats continue to increase
* Mailgun sending 'gesty' spam and threats, harvested addresses
* Constant Contact sending phishing activity
* Fortimail relaying Serverion spammers
* StrikeIron spammer once again on Microsoft IP Space

The worst part is that almost every one of the above problems can be
solved quite quickly and easily.

        -- Michael --

PS, don't know what o365 is doing, but a marked reduction in uncaught spam leaking from their networks..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."