Am 20.10.22 um 23:07 schrieb Lena--- via mailop:
T-Online clearly states in their terms and conditions that they will
block servers who perform sender verfication towards them.

Well, that's why you separate your MXes from your Sending servers; the
MX can do anything from it's IP, any fingering to the remote MX as it
likes — it will never ever rely on being able to relay a message to
remote's MXes :) OTOH, MX refusal due to frivolous behaviour hasn't
been implemented yet ;-)

Yes, I'm a big fan of sender-address-verification and other "abusive"
techniques. Be my guest: My domain, my rules.

Then a different check:

I don't speak smail3^Hexim anymore, but I assume it's somewhat similar to

telnet $mx 25
if 2xx send quit
if 5xx set fuckem=1 && send quit || ignore errors
if $fuckem<1 die in_peace else wreck havoc

?